Our Virtual Power Plant
Digital control room for distributed energy resources
emsys VPP is a pioneer in the development of Virtual Power Plants and is one of the world's leading suppliers today. Our sophisticated technology monitors and remote-controls in real-time distributed energy resources with a total capacity of several gigawatts, pulling maximum value from their consumption and generation on power markets and for a smart grid management. The Virtual Power Plant digitally connects renewable and conventional energy sources as well as various types of storage systems and demand-side resources. Thus we turn distributed energy resources into a single power pool whose generation you can flexibly adjust to grid requirements or trade profitably on international spot, intraday and balancing power markets.
Power traders, aggregators, energy providers and grid operators already control thousands of distributed energy resources with our trend-setting technology. Our Virtual Power Plant is used in many international markets and can be flexibly adapted to the requirements of electricity markets, users and existing IT infrastructure.
We are your partner for setting up your Virtual Power Plant
With us you get everything from one source: We support you in all steps to build your individual Virtual Power Plant, from plant connection to remote control and trading of the power generated from your portfolio.
We make sure that all the necessary plant data are integrated into your Virtual Power Plant: real-time data and availability of the plants, wind and solar power forecasts, consumption data and electricity market data. As a leading provider of power forecasts, our partner company energy & meteo systems predicts the power schedules for wind and solar parks which we integrate into the Virtual Power Plant. You capture all fundamental events – production and consumption processes as well as power forecasts – at a glance and can concentrate fully on managing your power plants.
Since our technology works as a Software-as-a-Service solution, there is no need for your own IT infrastructure. emsys VPP configures your Virtual Power Plant according to your requirements and, if required, our technical 24/7 support also takes over the hosting and operation. With our vast market and IT experience we support you personally in all questions regarding the integration, control and marketing of renewable energies.
Learn in the interactive diagram how our Virtual Power Plant works:
Would you like to build a Virtual Power Plant or learn more about the possible applications? We would be pleased to advise you.
- Leading and sophisticated technology; synthesis of many years of experience in operations
- Complete implementation of your Virtual Power Plant from one source
- Software-as-a-Service solution without costly own IT infrastructure
- Integration of precise solar and wind power forecasts if required
- Individual configuration of the Virtual Power Plant according to your needs
- Extensive experience in the connection of various production technologies (wind, PV, biogas, biomass, hydropower, conventional plants), storage systems and consumers
- Setup of users with individual access rights
- Flexibly scalable: fast integration of new plants into your portfolio
- Certified connection to EPEX Spot via API (M7, ComXerv)
- Further interfaces for other energy markets
- High availability through redundant systems
- IT security: We are certified according to ISO/IEC 27001
- Hosting and 24/7 support by our IT specialists
- Service orientation and fast response times are a matter of course for us
- Detailed training in the operation of the Virtual Power Plant
- Comprehensive advice for the implementation of your project thanks to our international electricity market know-how
Operational purposes and business models
Leading energy providers, power traders, aggregators and grid operators put their trust in our fully developed and reliable technology for their use case or business model with distributed energy resources.
Possible areas of implementation
- Monitoring and data management of power portfolios:
With our Virtual Power Plant, you can see what is happening at a glance on just one monitor – from individual plants to the entire portfolio consisting of thousands of resources
- Direct marketing of wind and solar power, conventional power-generating technologies, storage systems and flexible loads at the spot, intraday and balancing power markets with implementation of remote control
- Demand side management solutions with flexible electricity consumers for active load management
- Demand response to use dynamic electricity prices
- Control center for grid operators to monitor and control wind and solar parks remotely
Would you like to learn more about the flexible field of applications of our Virtual Power Plant? Please give us a call:
Tel. +49 441 212 120 or firstname.lastname@example.org
A comprehensive overview of how our Virtual Power Plant works can be downloaded here: